Fire panic on a lamppost
A fire broke out on an electric pole in Konya. Citizens who viewed the fire with a mobile phone camera called Meram Elektrik Dağıtım A.Ş. to cut the electricity even though the fire brigade came. (MEDAŞ) reacted by claiming that their teams did not come.
A fire broke out on an electric pole in the garden of a school in the Central Karatay district, Istiklal District. Upon the notice of those who saw the fire on the pole, the fire brigade and police team were dispatched to the scene. While the police received perimeter security, firefighters could not intervene in the fire because the electric current was not cut. Citizens who recorded the fire with a cell phone camera reacted to MEDAŞ. Citizens, who argued that the electricity failure team did not come despite notifications, commented that the material damage incurred will be collected from their bills.
In the statement made by MEDAŞ, which provides electricity distribution services in Karaman, Aksaray, Nevşehir, Kırşehir and Niğde provinces as well as Konya, it was reported that late intervention was not in question.
In the statement, it was said, "There was a failure in the power cable, probably due to water intake as a result of external interventions. The first notification came at 18.20. The team arrived at the scene in 16 minutes. The resolution of the fault is 19.02. Late intervention is not possible. p>